- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duckling With Pineapple Recipe
|Duckling||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs), salted|
|Pineapple tidbits||16 Ounce|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||3 Ounce, sliced|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||To Taste, cubed|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fried noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 51.4 mg
Sodium 159.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 1% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut duckling into quarters.
2) Cook in boiling salted water for about 1 hour until soft.
3) Save the broth and debone the duck.
4) Slice meat into bite-size pieces and keep aside.
5) Drain the liquid from mushrooms, reserving for later use.
6) Into 2-cup measuring cup, collect syrup from pineapple, saving pineapple tidbits.
7) Make 1 1/2 cups of pineapple syrup by adding enough reserved duckling broth and keep aside.
8) In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté onions and celery in it for 3 minutes.
9) Mix in pineapple tidbits, syrup-broth mixture and ginger.
10) Stir in drained mushrooms and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
11) In the meantime, blend mushroom liquid with soy sauce and cornstarch.
12) Mix this with vegetable mixture and thicken by cooking and stirring constantly.
13) Add in duck and green pepper and simmer, covered for about 3 minutes.
14) Serve at once with hot cooked rice and crisp fried noodles.