- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duckling With Pineapple Recipe
|Duckling||5 Pound, cleaned|
|Salted boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diagonally sliced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , cubed|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fried noodles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Crispy)|
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 257 mg
Sodium 250.3 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 47 g94.4%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 36%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut duckling into quarters.
2) Cook in boiling salted water for about 1 hour until soft.
3) Save the broth and debone the duck.
4) Slice meat into bite-size pieces and keep aside.
5) Drain the liquid from mushrooms, reserving for later use.
6) Into 2-cup measuring cup, collect syrup from pineapple, saving pineapple tidbits.
7) Make 1 1/2 cups of pineapple syrup by adding enough reserved duckling broth and keep aside.
8) In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté onions and celery in it for 3 minutes.
9) Mix in pineapple tidbits, syrup-broth mixture and ginger.
10) Stir in drained mushrooms and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
11) In the meantime, blend mushroom liquid with soy sauce and cornstarch.
12) Mix this with vegetable mixture and thicken by cooking and stirring constantly.
13) Add in duck and green pepper and simmer, covered for about 3 minutes.
14) Serve at once with hot cooked rice and crisp fried noodles.