- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duckling With Apple Pecan Stuffing Recipe
|Ducklings||12 Pound, cleaned, cut into serving pieces (2 Ducklings, Each Weighing 5 To 6 Pounds)|
|Dry sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned stuffing mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chicken broth/Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red apples||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.9 mg
Sodium 188.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 34 g68.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before baking.
2) In a roasting pan, place duckling pieces and keep on rack.
3) Spoon over sherry and bake for 1 1/2 hours in preheated oven, basting frequently with pan drippings.
4) In the meantime, in a small skillet, melt butter and sauté celery and onion in it until soft.
5) Mix in poultry seasoning.
6) Mix stuffing mix with celery mixture and then pour in broth, tossing lightly.
7) Stir in apples and pecans.
8) From the pan, take off the duckling, saving drippings for the sauce.
9) In a 13 1/2 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, spread stuffing and top it with the duckling.
10) Wrap with a foil and place back in oven to cook for 1 more hour.
11) If desired, measure 1 1/2 cups of sauce by mixing together drippings (free from fat) with water.
12) Into a saucepan, pour the mixture and mix in cornstarch.
13) Thicken the sauce by stir cooking it over medium heat.
14) Serve the duckling hot with the sauce poured over.