- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duckling In Pumpkin Seed Sauce Recipe
|Duckling||1 , cut into quarters|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Lard/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Finely chopped onion||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup, White Colored)|
|Fresh jalapeno pepper||3 , seeded, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomatillos/1 cup drained canned tomatillos, finely chopped||8 Small, husked (Fresh)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Shelled roasted salted pumpkin seeds||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Hot cooked rice||500 Milliliter (2 Cups, As Accompaniment)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||4|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2499 Calories from Fat 1026
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.4%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 652.1 mg
Sodium 1336.1 mg55.7%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g68%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.3%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 157 g313.4%
Vitamin A 198.9% Vitamin C 210.8%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 185%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle duck with salt. Heat lard in 12-inch (30-cm) skillet over medium heat until hot. Add duck; cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
3. Remove and discard all but 1 tablespoon (15 mL) drippings from skillet. Add onion, chilies and garlic; saute over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatillos, 1/2 cup (125 mL) coriander, the pumpkin seeds, cumin and oregano.
4. Return duck to skillet; add stock. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until duck is very tender, about 1 hour.
5. Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Remove duck from skillet to baking sheet; place, uncovered, in oven while completing sauce.
6. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid; process in blender until smooth. Return sauce to-skillet; heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, to boiling.
7. Place duck on serving plates; add sauce.