- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duckling And Vegetable Salad With Mango Recipe
|Duckling||4 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄2 Medium|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mango/One 11-ounce can mandarin-orange sections, drained||1 Large|
|Lightly packed spinach leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Boston lettuce head||1 Small|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5923 Calories from Fat 3204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 358 g550.2%
Saturated Fat 77.4 g387%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2797.5 mg
Sodium 2697.4 mg112.4%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.4%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.3%
Sugars 108.7 g
Protein 519 g1037%
Vitamin A 438.7% Vitamin C 770.3%
Calcium 50.4% Iron 418.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, cut off as much excess fat as possible from duckling-breast skin; then cutduckling skin into 1-inch pieces. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, cook breast skin with 1/4 teaspoon salt until golden brown and crisp, pressing skin frequently with back of spoon to render all fat. Spoon off fat as it accumulates in skillet. Remove skin to paper towels to drain.
3. Separate cauliflower into flowerets. In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 1 inch boiling water, heat cauliflower to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is tender-crisp. Drain cauliflower; set aside to cool.
4. Prepare dressing: In small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix olive oil with next 5 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well blended; cover and refrigerate. Peel mango; cut into thin slices.
5. When duckling is ready, discard bones; cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
6. Into large bowl, tear spinach and Boston lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Add cauliflower and duckling; toss with dressing. Top salad with mango; sprinkle with crisp duckling skin.