- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck with Peppercorns Recipe
|Ducklings||2 Pound (2 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Green peppercorns/1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed||4 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Milliliter)|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.8 mg
Sodium 277.5 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 29 g57.8%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a fork, prick thr ducklings skin.
2) Season the ducklings with salt and pepper.
3) Preheat the oven.
4) In a roasting pan, place the seasoned ducklings and in the preheated oven, cook them for 1 1/4 hours until cook through.
5) In a pan, melt the butter.
6) In the pan fry the shallots until soft.
7) Add wine and brandy and oil for 5 minutes.
8) Cut the medium pieces out of the ducklings.
9) On a warm plate, arrange the duckling pieces and keep them warm.
10) In the wine sauce, add salt, pepper and cream.
11) Cook the sauce until thickened.
12) Serve the hot ducklings with the topping of sauce.