- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck With Orange Sauce Recipe
|Hot chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4178 Calories from Fat 2499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 277 g426.3%
Saturated Fat 91.6 g458%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1451.5 mg
Sodium 1772.5 mg73.9%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61%
Sugars 69.4 g
Protein 322 g643.8%
Vitamin A 60.6% Vitamin C 634.5%
Calcium 36.6% Iron 423.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) With a fork, prick duck all over.
Season well and place on rack in roasting pan.
3) Cut the rinn from one orange into thin matchsticks.
4) Squeeze the juice from two oranges.
5) Peel and section remaining oranges.
6) Roast the duck for 45 minutes till brown and crisp.
7) Remove all but 1 tbsp of the fat from the pan.
8) Pour hot broth over duck.
9) Cover and roast for a further 30 minutes till cooked.
10) Heat sugar gently in a pan until it caramelizes, then remove from heat and add vinegar.
11) Remove duck and strain juices from roasting pan into sugar mixture.
12) Replace duck in pan and keep warm.
13) Add orange juice to the pan with the rind.
14) Cook gently for 5 minutes till the rind has softened.
15) Remove duck from oven and cut into portions.
16) Arrange on warmed serving dish and spoon over a little of the orange sauce.
17) Use the orange sections to garnish duck.
18) Serve with sauteed potatoes and peas, and with the rest of the sauce served in a sauce or gravy boat.