- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck with Mangoes Recipe
|Chicken bouillon||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Grated fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Skinned duck breasts||16 Ounce (2 Large Ones Of 8 Ounce Or 225 Grams Each)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2433 Calories from Fat 1603
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 179 g275.4%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 869.6 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g45%
Sugars 71.3 g
Protein 100 g200%
Vitamin A 146.7% Vitamin C 260.6%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put half of the mango pieces and the chicken bouillon in a food processor and process until smooth. Alternatively, press half of the mangoes through a fine strainer and mix with the bouillon.
3. Rub the garlic and ginger over the duck breasts. Heat the oil in a preheated wok and cook the duck breasts, turning freguently, until sealed. Reserve the oil in the wok and remove the duck.
4. Place the duck breasts on a rack set over a roasting nan and cook in a preheated oven, 425°F/220°C, for about 20 minutes, until the duck is cooked through and tender.
5. Meanwhile, place the mango and bouillon mixture in a pan and add the wine vinegar and light soy sauce.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until reduced by half.
7. Heat the oil reserved in the wok and stir-fry the sliced leek and remaining mango for 1 minute. Remove from the wok, transfer to a serving dish, and keep warm until required.
8. Slice the cooked duck breasts and arrange the slices on top of the leek and mango mixture. Pour the sauce over the duck slices, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.