- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck With Mangetouts And Cashews Recipe
|Duck breasts||12 Ounce, skinned and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces (350 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted cashew nuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Spring onions||5 , chopped roughly|
|Celery sticks||3 , sliced diagonally|
|Mangetouts||4 Ounce, topped, tailed and halved (125 Gram)|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1505 Calories from Fat 926
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.8 mg
Sodium 2616.5 mg109%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 89 g177.5%
Vitamin A 54.1% Vitamin C 182.3%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 127.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a cup.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok, add the cashew nuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Remove from the wok and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil, add the duck and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
5. Add the garlic, ginger, spring onions, celery and mangetouts to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return the duck and cashews.
6. Pour in the sauce, stirring until thickened. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve as soon as possible.