- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck with Figs at Rose Mediterranean Recipe Video
|Duck breast||9 Ounce|
|Crimini mushroom||2 Ounce|
|Oyster mushroom||2 Ounce|
|Shallot||1 Tablespoon, slice|
|Dried figs||5 Ounce (Re-constituted dried figs in Sherry)|
|Duck confit||5 Ounce|
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.4 mg
Sodium 204.2 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.1%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 43.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, sear the duck breast for about 2 minutes on both sides.
3. Next, pop the pan into the oven for 4-5 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and drain out the duck fat from the pan. Let the duck rest for 4-5 minutes before serving.
5. For the Fig sauce: In a pan, heat the mushrooms and shallots.
6. Add the dried figs and some of the sherry it is soaked in into the pan and stir.
7. Add duck confit and bring to simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
8. Plate the duck, top with the fig sauce and serve with a side of rice.