- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck With Cherries Recipe
|Duck||5 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Madeira/Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned black cherries in juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Port||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5859 Calories from Fat 3327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 369 g568.3%
Saturated Fat 129.8 g648.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1878.8 mg626.3%
Sodium 1721.4 mg71.7%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 80.6 g
Protein 397 g794.2%
Vitamin A 135.5% Vitamin C 349.7%
Calcium 43.8% Iron 583%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into 4 equal portions, cut the duck and with a heavy needle.
2) Use salt and freshly ground pepper to season.
3) In a large skillet, melt the butter and sauté the duck for about 20 minutes over low heat till the pieces are brown all over.
4) From the pan, drain the fat and pour in the Madeira, juice from the cherries and some drops of lemon juice all over duck.
5) Bring the contents to a simmer, tightly cover the pan with a lid and continue simmering the duck for about 45 to 55 minutes.
6) From then pan, lift the duck pieces, place on paper towels and drain thoroughly. Keep the pieces warm.
7) From the pan, skim as much fat as possible and stir in the port.
8) With 2 tablespoons of water, mix the cornstarch and stir the mixture into the pan juices till they have thickened.
9) Bring the mixture to a boil and adjust the seasoning. Heat thoroughly after adding the cherries.
10) On a dish, arrange the pieces of duck which have been coated with the sauce.
11) Sprinkle parsley all over.
12) Serve hot with Jerusalem artichokes in butter or shoestring potatoes.