- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck Sevillana Recipe
|Oven ready duck with giblets||4 Pound (2 Kilogram)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Canned pimento||7 Ounce, drained and chopped (One 175 Gram Can)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Stuffed green olives||2 Ounce, halved (50 Gram)|
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 425.7 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 95 g190.2%
Vitamin A 72.3% Vitamin C 107.5%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Sprinkle salt in a roasting tin and put in duck pricked all over with a fork.
2) Heat oven at 200°C, 400°F Gas Mark 6 and roast the duck for 1 1/2 hours.
3) Take duck from tin and set aside.
4) Reserve 3 tablespoons of the fat and juice in the tin pouring off the rest.
5) Add onion and garlic to the tin and cook till soft not letting it turn brown.
6) Add mushrooms, pimento and tomatoes stirring gently for 15 minutes.
7) Add olives and seasoning. Cool the mixture.
8) From the duck scrape off loose skin and trim the wings tip.
9) With a sharp knife, divide it into four pieces from breastbone and backbone and then halving it.
10) Put the duck in a serving dish and pour sherry mixed with sauce on the duck.
While freezing, first put the sauce and then put the duck pieces on top. To reheat transfer it to a casserole and cook in moderate oven at 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4, for 1 hour.