- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck, Red Cabbage and Roquefort Salad Recipe
|Duck breasts||2 Pound (2 Large Sized, 1 Pound Each)|
|Red cabbage head||1⁄2|
|Lettuce head/Endive head||1⁄2|
|Oil and vinegar dressing/Prepared dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.4 mg
Sodium 836.9 mg34.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 111.5% Vitamin C 224.8%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 50.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. In a baking pan place duck breasts and brush with honey and cook in the preheated broiler for about 25 minutes, basting and turning such that meat is done and skin is crisp and well-browned and let it cool.
3. Make thin slices out of the red cabbage and lettuce or endive and divide among 4 to 6 serving plates.
4. Make thin slices out of the cooled duck and arrange on top of shredded cabbage and lettuce or endive.
5. Make small cubes out of the Roquefort cheese and sprinkle over top of salad.
6. Over each salad pour 1 tablespoon dressing immediately before serving.