- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck In Orange Sauce Recipe
|Duck||3 Pound, washed (1.4 Kilogram)|
|Oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Cornflour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1785 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg
Sodium 571.8 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 280 g559.6%
Vitamin A 86.2% Vitamin C 207.1%
Calcium 14% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large shallow dish and arrange the duck so that the skin is up on the roasting rack.
2) Brush oil in the skin, cover with a greaseproof paper, and cook for 12 minutes on power, turn the dish thrice during cooking.
3) Arrange the cooked duck on a serving dish.
4) Take a mixing bowl and blend cornflour, orange peel, orange juice, stock, and wine to make a smooth paste.
5) Season to taste and add sugar.
6) Cook on power for 2 minutes, stir, and cook for further one minute.
7) Drizzle half the sauce over the duck and serve the remaining sauce separately.