- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck Hunt Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||10 Ounce|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)|
|Granulated garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Hickory smoked flavor||5 Drop|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated garlic||To Taste|
|White wine||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|For orange sauce|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
|Granulated garlic||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.3 mg
Sodium 2801.8 mg116.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 43 g85.6%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 33.2%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 59.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, mix together soy sauce, kosher salt, granulated garlic, Hickory smoke flavor and brown sugar. Place the duck and let it brine for 24 hours – 36 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. After 24 hours, take out the duck and put it in a roasting pan over a rack.
4. Stuff tangerines inside the duck cavity and seal it with toothpicks.
5. Drizzle some sesame seed oil over the duck. Spread the oil with the help of a spoon.
6. Season the duck with granulated garlic. Pour white wine and water in the baking dish. Followed by 1 cup of brine.
7. Cover the baking dish and cook for 180 minutes, until the legs can be pulled away easily.
8. Take out the duck from the oven and set aside.
9. For orange sauce – in a small bowl, mix together orange marmalade, honey, ginger and sesame oil.
10. Apply a little sauce over the duck.
11. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and keep the duck in the oven without the cover.
12. In a pan, heat rest of the orange marmalade mixture.
13. Cook until the duck is nice, brown and gets a glaze on it.
14. Slice the duck and serve with orange sauce.