- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck Glazed With Apricots Recipe
|Duck||4 Pound (1.8 Kilogram)|
|Butter||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Apricot jam||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Orange juice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Onions||2 , halved and sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4254 Calories from Fat 2599
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 288 g443.8%
Saturated Fat 99.3 g496.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1483.7 mg
Sodium 1426.9 mg59.5%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 58.2 g
Protein 320 g640.6%
Vitamin A 45.3% Vitamin C 295.8%
Calcium 18% Iron 425.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
– Truss the duck, smear it with butter, and season with salt, pepper and chervil.
– Bake for about 90 minutes, basting with cooking juices every 20 minutes.
– Drain the apricots and reserve the juice.
– In a bowl, thoroughly blend the apricot juice, orange juice and apricot jam. After 20 minutes of cooking, baste the duck with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of this mixture.
– After 60 minutes of cooking, take the duck out of the oven and pour off all the fat. Baste the duck with the remaining juice mixture and put it back in the oven.
– Add onion and apricots after 15 minutes, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes. Take the roast out of the oven, sprinkle it with chervil and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.