- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck Giblet Soup Recipe
|Duck||2 (Giblets, Wings And Necks)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Celery root slice||1|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1069 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 562.6 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 199 g398.3%
Vitamin A 55.7% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a kettle, add giblets, wings, neck and cover with water.
2) Add a pinch of salt, and stir in onion and celery root and let it simmer until giblets are tender.
3) Strain the soup, and add rice.
4) Cook until the rice is done.
5) Remove the meat from wings and neck and reserve along with the giblets.
6) Combine the meat with rice and let it boil.
7) Mix flour with butter and stir in the soup.
8) Cook for a few minutes.
9) Sprinkle nutmeg and serve.