- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck Breast on Orange Leek and Sweet Potato Puree HD Recipe Video
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Sweet potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Leeks||1 Pound, trimmed, sliced and washed|
|Root ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled and grated|
|Orange||2 , juice extracted|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cloves powder||1 Pinch|
Calories 669 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.9 mg
Sodium 380.2 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 727.8% Vitamin C 202.9%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 57%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
2. Score the skin of the duck breasts and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a oven-proof pan and place the duck breast skin side down. Pan Fry for 5-8 minutes until the fat starts to run out.
4. Flip the breasts and place the pan in the oven to cook for 15 minutes with the skin side up.
5. For Sauce – in a pot simmer sweet potatoes for 15 minutes in water until they just begin to soften.
6. Drain and mash with a potato masher to make a rough puree.
7. In a sauce pan heat extra virgin olive oil and fry orange zest and garlic. Follow with clove powder and fry.
8. Add in the root ginger and fry. Pour in the orange juice.
9. When orange juice starts boiling, add in the leeks and sweet potatoes. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
10. Cut the duck breasts into thin slices and fan them out onto a bed of the leek and sweet potato puree.