- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck and Mushroom Crostini Recipe Video
|Wild mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, minced|
|Fresh thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into cubes|
|Roasted red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Baguette||1⁄2 Medium, sliced (Artisan baguette)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Duck breast||1⁄2 Pound, smoked (1 breast)|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.2 mg13.1%
Sodium 275.4 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2) Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until light golden.
3) Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and allow to cool.
4) In a non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat and saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for about 15 minutes or until no liquid remains.
5) Stir in cream cheese and cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
6) Remove from heat and stir in the roasted red peppers.
7) Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium high heat, sear the duck breast, skin side down for about 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
8) Turn and reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
9) Remove to cutting board and thinly slice breast on a diagonal.
10) Spread mushroom mixture onto toasted baguette slices, top with sliced duck, garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme and serve.