- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Duck And Green Bean Salad Recipe
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Raspberry vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Mixed salad leaves||100 Gram|
|Fine green beans||150 Gram, trimmed and blanched|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnut oil/Hazelnut oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||125 Gram|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.9 mg
Sodium 911.3 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife make criss cross slashes on the skin side of the duck breasts.
2. Rub seasoning.
3. Arrange the pieces in a shallow bowl.
4. Combine soy sauce, honey and 2 tbsp of the raspberry vinegar and pour over the duck, turn pieces to coat well on both sides.
5. Leave to marinate for an hour.
6. Preheat the oven to to 200C.
7. Place a large frying pan on a medium high flame.
8. Drain the duck from marinade and pat with kitchen paper
9. Place the breast, skin-side down in the hot pan and sear until knife gets a nice brown colour. Turn and sear on the other side.
10. Reduce flame and cook for 10 minutes or until the skin is crisp.
11. Turn over so that the skin side is up.
12. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook for 8 minutes.
13. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes.
14. Slice at a slant.
15. Arrange the salad leaves and beans on 4 individual plates.
16. Make a dressing by combining remaining raspberry vinegar, balsamic, mustard, oil and some seasoning
17. Arrange the sliced duck and scatter tomatoes and pecans.
18. Pour the dressing over and serve.