- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dublin Dandies Recipe
|Coleslaw||16 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned corned beef||12 Ounce, chilled (1 Can)|
|Pumpernickel slices||12 (Light)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.9 mg
Sodium 865.9 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 48.2%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add well drained coleslaw to a small bowl and stir in caraway seeds.
2. Slice corned beef into 12 slices
3. Thinly slice each tomato into 6 slices.
4. Butter the pumpernickel slices.
5. Arrange slices, butter side up on clean work counter.
6. On each of 6 bread slices, place a corned beef slice
7. Layer tomato slices, slightly overlapping them and spoon equal amounts of coleslaw on top.
8. Close sandwiches with remaining slices of bread.
9. Cut each sandwich diagonally into half and serve right away or wrap in cling film, foil or wax paper and chill