- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Arhar dal/Lentil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Yellow pigeon peas)|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilies||2 Medium|
|Coriander leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1328 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.4 mg
Sodium 502.8 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g70.2%
Dietary Fiber 52.7 g210.8%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 72 g144.2%
Vitamin A 165.7% Vitamin C 170%
Calcium 54.2% Iron 120.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak dal for 2-3 hours, then grind to fine paste.
2. Take half the paste of dal and mix ½ tsp cumin seeds and salt to taste in it. Now make balls with this dough and deep fry them. Allow to cool, then soak these pakodas in water.
3. Heat ghee in a kadai and add jambu, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and red chillies. When the spices splutter, add the remaining dal paste and fry, stirring continuously.
4. Then slowly add water, mixing along, and then add turmeric powder and salt. Allow to boil and then cook on low flame for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Then add pakoras and simmer for few minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.