- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Drop Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (For Tops)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2167 Calories from Fat 866
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g151.6%
Saturated Fat 59.9 g299.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 454.9 mg
Sodium 1456.2 mg60.7%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 152.2 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 61.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 46.9% Iron 56.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Let the butter, margarine or shortening stand at room temperature until soft. Beat in the sugar, egg, milk and vanilla.
3. Sift the salt, baking powder and flour together and add to the creamed mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Drop from a teaspoon 1 inch apart on the baking sheets.
5. Or add enough more sifted flour (about 1/4 cup) to make the mixture stiff enough to roll out. Cover the dough with waxed paper and let chill in the refrigerator 1 hour or more. Roll 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured board. Cut out with floured cookie cutter and arrange on the cookie sheets. Sprinkle the cookies with sugar.
6. Bake about 8 minutes, until delicately browned. Remove from baking sheets at once with a spatula and let cool on a wire cake rack. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between the layers.