- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Drop Scones Recipe
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cream of tartar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.9 mg
Sodium 299.2 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.4% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl sieve flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar and sugar.
2) Create a well at the center of flour mixture.
3) Pour an egg into it.
4) With a wooden spoon stir in milk.
5) Stir from the centre of the bowl and mix well.
6) Transfer mixture into a large, heavy, flat-bottomed frying pan placed over moderate heat.
7) Dip kitchen paper in a little salad oil and rub the surface of the pan with it.
8) On the hot surface spoon tablespoons of the batter about 3-4 at a time at some distance.
9) When bubbles rises to the surface loosen the underside with a spatula and turn them over.
10) Cook the second side for a minute and remove the pan.
11) Place in between folded clean tea-cloth.
12) Rub the surface of the hot pan with the oiled paper and follow the same process with remaining batter to make scones.
13) Serve warm.