- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dried Prawns Recipe
|Dried prawns||7 Ounce (200 Gram, Shrimp)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Green chilies||3 , finely chopped|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Cilantro)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, 1/2 Cup)|
|Fresh ginger root||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon (1 Teaspoon Extra To Garnish)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1829 Calories from Fat 1140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.5%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1190.7 mg
Sodium 8483.8 mg353.5%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.4%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 127 g253.1%
Vitamin A 86.9% Vitamin C 217.3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat 150 ml/1/4 pint/ 2/3 cup of the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions, 2 of the green chillies and half of the fresh coriander (cilantro) to the pan and stir-fry until the onions are golden.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt and chilli powder to the pan and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes over a low heat. Set aside until required.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a separate saucepan. Add the prawns (shrimp) and fry, stirring occasionally, until the prawns (shrimp) are crisp.
5. Add the fried prawns (shrimp) to the onions and blend together. Return the prawn (shrimp) and onion mixture to the heat, sprinkle with the lemon juice and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
6. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with a pinch of chilli powder and serve with Chapatis.