- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dried Cranberry and Walnut Scones Recipe
|Unbleached all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, cut into 8 pieces (Cold)|
|Eggs||2 , room temperature|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.6 mg
Sodium 591.3 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 34.6% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 425Â°F.
2. Lightly grease or spray a heavy-duty baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar well.
4. Using a pastry cutter or fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
6. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix only until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
7. In the resulted sticky dough, fold in the dried cranberries and walnuts.
8. Onto a lightly floured surface turn the dough out and flatten the dough into a rectangle that is 3/4-inch thick.
9. Cut the dough into 6 wedges and place the wedges 1/2 inch apart from one another on the baking sheet.
10. Bake the scones until they are golden brown, approximately 12 minutes.
11. Serve with beverage or as a snack.