- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dried Cherry Muffins Recipe
|Plain yoghurt||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Dried cherries||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (At Room Temperature, 115 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.3 mg
Sodium 319.1 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.3% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat a 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4 oven. Grease 16 bun-tray cups or use paper cases.
3. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and the cherry mixture and stir to blend. Set aside.
5. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt. Fold into the cherry mixture in 3 batches.
6. Fill the prepared cups two-thirds full. For even baking, half-fill any empty cups with water. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.