- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dramatic and Delicious Bananas Foster Recipe Video
|Banana||4 , sliced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Dark rum/Banana liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 3.1 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 52.2 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt ½ stick butter in a medium skillet over low to medium heat.
2. Stir in ¾ cup light brown sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Heat until the mixture is liquefied and smooth.
3. Add 4 cups sliced bananas, and stir until all banana slices are thoroughly coated. Pour ¼ cup rum over the top of the bananas.
4. Use a butane lighter or fireplace match to ignite the rum. Let the banana mixture flame until the flames subside. This will burn off all of the alcohol from the rum, leaving the rum-flavored brown sugar-cinnamon sauce.
5. While banana mixture is warm, place 3 or 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream on a nice dessert plate.
6. Spoon the warm banana mixture to the side of the ice cream scoops, or spoon it over the top. Serve immediately, while the ice cream is cold and the bananas are warm.
This is a dramatic and showy dessert, but, best of all—the taste is magnificent! I hope you love this recipe! --Betty