- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dragon Roll Sushi Recipe Video
|Avocado||1 Medium, peeled, pitted|
|Nori sheets||4 Large|
|Sushi rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Cucumber||1 Small, peeled, seeded, and cut into matchstick-size pieces|
|Smoked salmon sticks||4 Large, cut into pieces|
|Wasabi||2 Tablespoon (for serving) (Optional)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (for serving) (Optional)|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.9 mg
Sodium 1025.3 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thinly slice each half of peeled avocado, and fan out the slice.
2. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado to prevent browning.
3. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise. Lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the mat.
4. Wet your fingers with water and spread about 1/2 cup of the rice evenly onto the nori. Turn the sheet of nori over so that the rice side is down.
5. Place 1/4 of the cucumber and salmon sticks in the center of the sheet.
6. Grab the edge of the mat closest to you, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers, and roll it into a tight cylinder, using the mat to shape the cylinder.
7. Pull away the mat. Use your knife and pick up the sliced and fanned avocado slices. Place on top of the roll.
8. Use the sushi mat and squeeze very gently so the avocado merges with the sushi rice.
9. Repeat with other nori sheet halves.
10. Serve each roll whole, or cut into pieces and serve with wasabi and soy sauce.