- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Jam||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.2 mg
Sodium 998.4 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sieve the flour and the salt and set aside to warm up
2. Whisk the yeast in half the milk and add the sugar
3. Melt the butter and add the rest of the milk and mix the two liquids together and add to the flour. Beat this dough well and set aside to rise till it is double in size.
4. Roll the dough out till it is 1/4 inch thick.
5. Use a large 1 1/2 inch cutter and cut out the rounds.
6. Place a little jam on each circle and then damp the edges and put another circle on the top while joining the edges very well
7. Set aside to proove for a quarter of an hour.
8. Fry in deep fat.
9. Dredge with castor sugar and serve warm
Another method of making these will be to cut out 2 inch rounds and put the jam in the center. Pull up the edges of the circle and join them with a little water. Roll out the center lightly.