- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Enriched flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Shortening/Oil / fat||3 Tablespoon, melted (For Deep Frying)|
|Baking powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3637 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.5%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.2%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 657 mg
Sodium 7809.8 mg325.4%
Total Carbohydrates 729 g242.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 213.6 g
Protein 75 g150.2%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 365.8% Iron 134.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Sift together flour again with baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
2) Whisk eggs until thick and lemon-colored.
3) Slowly beat in one cup sugar.
4) Mix in three Tblsp melted shortening or oil and finally the milk.
5) Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
6) On a lightly floured board or pastry cloth, roll the dough out into 1/4-inch thick.
7) With a floured doughnut cutter, cut the dough.
8) In deep hot fat, 350 deg, fry the doughnuts until brown.
9) Serve with coffee.