- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Stuffed French Toast Recipe Video
|Cinnamon swirl bread||2|
|Strawberries||4 (Any fruit you like)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Low fat cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon (1 tbsp. for dusting and remaining for the cream cheese mixture.)|
|Whole milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 252.6 mg
Sodium 520.3 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 35.4 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dice the strawberries, place that in a bowl, and sprinkle granulated sugar over it. Mix well.
2. In another bowl take cream cheese, whisk for few minute.
3. Pour in vanilla, sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar and powdered sugar.
4. Mix well all the ingredients.
5. For egg mixture – take egg in a flat bottom bowl, sprinkle salt, pour in milk and whisk well.
6. Make pocket in the bread.
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the pocket. Add in strawberry pieces.
8. Melt butter on griddle. Dip the stuffed bread in egg mixture.
9. Gently place bread on melted butter, when bottom is golden brown, turn to brown the top.
10. Place French toast on a dish, dust with powdered sugar.
11. Serve Double Stuffed French Toast immediately, with more strawberries and oranges and your favorite syrup.