- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Oat Muffins Recipe
|Oat bran cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Quick Or Old Fashioned, Uncooked)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.39 mg
Sodium 132.7 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.33%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Take 12 medium muffin cups and line them with paper baking cups.
3. Mix oat bran, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
4. Put in combined milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla, mixing just until moistened.
5. Fill muffin cups almost full.
6. Combine oats and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over batter.
7. Let it bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve the muffins for breakfast or enjoy with evening tea.
Line 6 microwaveable muffin cups with double paper baking cups.
Combine oat bran, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
Put in combined milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla, mixing just until moistened.
Fill muffin cups almost full.
Combine oats and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over batter.
Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Take out of the pan and let it cool 5 minutes before serving.