- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Golden Fish Recipe
|Boneless fish||400 Gram (Red Snapper Steak Or Garoupa Is Ideal)|
|For the batter|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mixed with water to make 1/2 cup|
|Peanut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|For the sauce|
|Canned sweet corn kernels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweetcorn liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.3 mg18.1%
Sodium 317.6 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 22 g43.4%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To prepare batter, in a large bowl sift flours and salt together.
2) Add the milk and water mixture, beat until smooth.
3) Mix egg yolk and peanut oil. Beat until blended.
4) Mix ginger and let the mixture stand for half an hour.
5) Beat egg white until stiff. Add batter just before use.
6) Make fish into thin pieces and pat dry on kitchen paper.
7) Dip the pieces into batter to coat well.
8) In a shallow pan heat oil and fry until golden. Do not overcook the fish.
9) Cook the fishes for two to three minutes three or four pieces at a time.
10) Using a blender process the sauce ingredients together.
11) Alternatively, mix thoroughly by hand breaking down the sweetcom kernels.
12) In a small pan transfer sauce and bring to simmering point.
13) Pour the sauce over the fish pieces.
14) Garnish with spring onion flowers.