- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Ginger Cookies Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use 1/2 teaspoon; if not using crystallized ginger)|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use as per your taste)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Pinch|
|Flax seeds||1 Tablespoon, powdered|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crystallized ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|For coating the cookies|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required for coating each cookie)|
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg5.1%
Sodium 75.5 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Cookie baking tray
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together all purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder and flax seed powder. Set this mixture aside.
3. In another bowl, add the softened butter (at room temperature), molasses and brown sugar. Mix well to combine until the mixture gets light and fluffy.
4. Add crystallized or candied ginger and mix well.
5. To this mixture gradually add the dry ingredients mixture and blend using your hands to form a soft cookie dough.
6. Take small portions form the cookie dough, flatten it and dust and coat with the granulated sugar by rolling over it. Line all the coated cookies on the baking tray.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 5 to 8 minutes at high temperature. Then lower the temperature to the lowest in the oven (170 F) and again bake for about 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Serve at breakfast time or as a snack at any time during the day.
Ginger cookies can be made either only with all purpose flour or only with wheat flour as well.
1 tablespoon of flax seeds powder is a replacement for 1 egg.
If crystallized or candied ginger is not available you can also add shredded fresh ginger.