- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Duty Lunch Lamb Pitas With Tomato, Scallions, And Mint Yogurt Dressing Recipe
|Lamb leg roast||1 Pound (Leftover)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Once Around The Pan)|
|Plum tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Scallions||4 , thinly sliced on an angle|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground (Eyeball)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/3 Palmful)|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (4 Sprigs)|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.3 mg49.8%
Sodium 963.9 mg40.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 39 g77.6%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Set oven to lowest.
2. In a foil wrap pitas and place them in a warm oven.
3. Make thin slices out of the cooked lamb and keep aside.
4. In a small skillet over moderate heat bring the chicken stock to a boil, reduce the heat to low and add the sliced lamb to reheat while keeping it moist.
5. To a second skillet over moderate heat, heat through oil, diced tomatoes and scallions for about 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
6. To make the dressing, in a bowl combine yogurt with cumin, coriander, and mint.
7. Then remove the pitas from oven and arrange on serving dish.
8. With tongs remove meat from warm broth shaking off excess.
9. To serve down the center of each pita arrange a few slices of lamb and top with a few spoonfuls each of tomatoes and scallions and the yogurt dressing.