- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Decker Tortilla Bake Recipe
|Brown rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked (About 1 Cup Raw Rice)|
|Pinto beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked (3/4 Cup Dry)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, well chilled|
|Corn tortillas||12 , each cut into 6 wedges (Store Bought Or Homemade)|
|Low fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Thick)|
|Mexican tomatillos||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Canned green chiles||7 Ounce, rinsed, seeded (1 Can)|
|Coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
Calories 1240 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.5 mg41.5%
Sodium 1331.1 mg55.5%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.8%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 57 g113%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 50.8%
Calcium 113.8% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2)In a bowl, mix the cooked rice and beans together, keep aside.
3) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the Monterey Jack cheese until shredded, keep aside
4) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion and garlic until finely chopped.
5) Then add the tomatillos, green chiles, coriander, salt and sugar, process until smooth and well-blended.
6) Turn off the machine and stir in crushed red pepper.
7) In a well-greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan, place the corn tortillas at the bottom and press in 1/2 the rice mixture.
8) Top with 1 cup green chile sauce, spoon over 1 cup yogurt and sprinkle with 1/2 the Monterey Jack cheese.
9) Repeat layering with rest of the tortilla wedges, rice mixture, sauce, yogurt and cheese. Cover the pan with a foil and refrigerate as long as overnight.
10) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or for 45-55 minutes if refrigerated.
11) Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
12) Slice into squares and serve immediately on individual serving plates.