- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Chocolate Icebox Cookies Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||9 Tablespoon, softened|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bittersweet chocolate||3 Ounce, cut in small chunks|
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g113.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg
Sodium 178.6 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g35%
Sugars 45.5 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.2% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, and butter. Beat until creamy.
2. Throw vanilla and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well.
4. Add butter mixture in 2 additions, into the bowl with flour. Mix to incorporate.
5. Throw chocolate and mix to make crumbly dough.
6. Roll dough into a log, and warp it with saran wrap. Put dough in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to chill.
7. Then, slice dough into ½-inch thick round, and place it on baking sheet, about 1-inch apart.
8. Preheat oven to 325 degree F or 160 degree C.
9. Place baking sheet in oven, and bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges are dry but the center is still a bit moist.
10. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool in pan for 5 minutes.
11. Transfer it to wire rack and let it cool completely.
12. Serve cookies with a cup of hot milk.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for a month.