- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Cheese Classic Margherita Pizza Recipe Video
|Tomato sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Bocconcini||8 Medium, torn into pieces (cheese balls)|
|Grape tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in half|
|Fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), torn into pieces|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed (pizza dough)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (pizza dough)|
|Active yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (pizza dough)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (3 1/4- 3 1/2 cup for pizza dough)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (pizza dough)|
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 448.6 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 28 g55.8%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat a lightly oiled grill to medium.
2) Punch down the pizza dough, divide equally into two pieces and roll each into a crust on a well floured surface.
3) Place the crust on a lightly oiled grill for 2 minutes or until bubbly and rigid.
4) Then turn the crust over, spread with the tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, torn bocconcini and tomato halves.
5) Close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
6) Top the pizza with fresh basil, slice into wedges and serve.
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine water, salt and yeast together.
2) Gradually add the flour until the mixture forms a dough, then knead adding the flour until the dough is smooth and firm.
3) Shape into a ball and transfer into a deep oiled bowl. Turn and coat the dough with oil, cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 2 hours until doubles in bulk.