- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Dosa - Part 2 - Making of crispy Dosa Recipe Video
|For the batter|
|Long grain rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Urad dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Tablespoon (Soaked in a little water)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|For the potato stuffed dosa|
|Potato sabji||100 Gram|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|For the cheese stuffed dosa|
|Shredded cheese||20 Gram|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.2 mg
Sodium 287.1 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Mixer / blender
1. In a bowl Wash and rinse 3 cups of rice and 1 cup of dal and soak them overnight. (at least 4 to 5 hours)
2. Take a mixer/blender and grind the soaked rice well with a little water. Once well ground into a smooth paste, remove into a large bowl.
3. Add the soaked dal and the soaked fenugreek seeds and grind until well blended and smooth. Once done, add this into the rice batter. Mix gently till well combined.
4. In a large bowl, keep the batter and add salt to it. Mix and cover with a lid to ferment for about 4 to 5 hours.
5. Take the batter that was soaked overnight. Mix it gently and set aside.
6. Take a pan/tawa and heat it on the stove. Pour a ladle of batter on the tawa and spread it thinly in the shape of a round dosa. Drizzle oil and cook until golden.
7. Add fillings of your choice such as a cooked potato filling (aaloo sabji) or shredded cheese filling.
8. Serve the crispy dosa warm.
Always pour the batter on to the tawa when the tawa is at room temperature and not too hot.
In winter, when the room temperature is low, keep the batter inside the oven with the lights on, so that the warmth from the lights would help ferment the batter.
Also watch Dosa - Part 1 - Making of Dosa Batter.