- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dorothy's Split Pea Soup Recipe
|Minced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Split green peas||1 Pound, washed and stones removed (2 Cups)|
|Minced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried savory||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 1261 Calories from Fat 498
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.1 mg
Sodium 1752.2 mg73%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 30.6 g122.4%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 63 g125.1%
Vitamin A 117.5% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Removing any stones wash and sort split peas.
2. In slow cooker combine ingredients and cook with cover on Low for 8-10 hours.
3. Removing the ham bone cut meat off and dice.
4. To the soup add meat to soup and stir through.
5. To serve, remove bay leaf.