- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dorayaki (Japanese Red Bean Pancake) Recipe Video
|Cake flour||100 Gram|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||50 Gram|
|Cooking oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tsubu-an||4 Tablespoon (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins)|
|Nutella||4 Tablespoon (Chocolate Hazelnut spread)|
|Banana||1 , sliced|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 233.2 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For Pancakes: In a bowl, beat eggs.
2. Add sugar and mix well.
3. Add honey and mix well.
4. Sift cake flour and baking soda in it and quickly mix until combined. Do not overmix .
5. Add water and mix until smooth. Again do not overmix.
6. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. In a pan, heat cooking oil on low, pour 2 tbsp. of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
8. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
9. While it's hot, put it in a closed container (or cover with a plastic wrap) to keep it moist, then continue making the next pancake.
10. For Fillings: Take a pancake and slather the Tsubu-an filling.
11. Top with another pancake and press the edges to close.
12. Slather nutella and banana slices on the top surface of the second pancake as shown in the video.
13. Top with the third pancake and press the edges.
14. Plate the pancake sandwiches and serve right away.
Wrap each Dorayaki with a plastic wrap to keep them moist.
Keep the nutella Dorayaki in the fridge. Nutella firms up nicely in the fridge.