- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
All Time Favorite Dorayaki Recipe Video
|Johakuto/White sugar /raw sugar||2 3⁄4 Ounce (80g)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 2⁄3 Fluid Ounce (50ml)|
|Cake flour||4 1⁄2 Ounce (130g)|
|Water||3 Teaspoon (to adjust the thickness of the batter)|
|Anko||1⁄4 Pound (100g, Premade, Red Bean Paste, for whipped cream anko)|
|Anko||1⁄3 Pound (150g, Premade, for regular Dorayaki)|
|Whipping cream||1 2⁄3 Fluid Ounce, chilled in a fridge (50ml)|
Calories 900 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.7 mg82.2%
Sodium 707.8 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 50.6 g
Protein 20 g39.7%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add Johakuto white sugar and honey to the egg and beat the egg mixture for about 3 minutes. The color of the egg will change to light yellow and the texture will change slightly thicker.
3. Add the baking soda to water and mix. Add this to the egg mixture and mix.
4. Put egg flour to the egg mixture through a sieve.
5. Mix in the egg mixture with a whisk.
6. Get rid of any lumps but be careful not to over mix.
7. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
8. Check the consistency of the batter, if it is not free flowing, add 1 tbsp water and mix. Repeat until a good flowing batter mixture is achieved.
9. Heat a griddle to 340 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the griddle with oil. Wipe it with a paper towel for even surface.
10. Pour 1 ladle full of batter on the girdle and make 3 &1/2 inch diameter circles. let the batter form a circle naturally.
11. When small bubbles surface on the top side of the pan cake, flip them over.
12. Bake for about 20 seconds on the other side and take it out and place over a cooling rack.
13. Cover the pancakes with a damp moist kitchen towel to keep the pancakes moist.
14. Place of bowl of whipping cream over ice water and add sugar.
15. Whip the cream with a hand mixture for 2-3 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.
16. Remove the whisker and remove the bowl from the ice water. Add 100 gram premade Anko and gently mix with a spatula.
17. For making regular Dorayaki, hold the pancake with the light side up and add the premade Anko to the pancake and cover with another Dorayaki pancake.
18. For the whipped cream Dorayaki, add whipped cream and Anko mixture, Shape with your hands.
** When baking pancakes, set the griddle at about 340 degrees °F (170°C). Higher temperature would cause pancakes to burn easily and lower temperature would make them hard and dry.