- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dolmeh Recipe Dolme (Grape Leaves Meat Wrap) Recipe Video
|Grape leaves||1⁄2 Pound|
|White rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Leek||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Chive||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Cilantro||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Dill||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Parsley||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Small, grated|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), grated|
|Regular salt||To Taste|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.1%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 205 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 328.1% Vitamin C 35.2%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the rice.
2. Wash and microwave the grape leaves for 30 seconds.
3. In a big bowl mix the herbs and the grated onions and garlic.
4. Add the rice and the ground beef to the mixture.
5. Season with salt, ground chili pepper, turmeric, persian spice mix (Advieh), black pepper powder to taste.
6. Put dried lemon powder to the bowl and mix them thoroughly.
7. Add vegetable oil to the mixture and mix well till combined.
8. Place one (or more) big grape leaf to cover the bottom of a pot, it will keep the meat wraps (dolmehs) from direct heat.
9. Take one grape leaf, trim its stem, put approximately one tablespoon of the mixture on the leaf and wrap the leaf around the mixture tightly and put them in the pot.
10. Secure the meat wraps (dolmehs) by stacking them up against each other in the pot.
11. Add boiling water to the pot until it covers the dolmehs.
12. Cover the pot with the lid and cook the dolmens over low heat for about 150 minutes.
13. In a serving plate, serve the dolmeh as appetizer.