- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dolmeh (Mixed) Dolme Cabbage Tomato Eggplant Mexican Squash and Bell Pepper Recipe Video
|Mexican squash||100 Gram (1 piece)|
|White rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Leek||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Chive||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Cilantro||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Dill||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Parsley||1⁄10 Bunch (10 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|White onion||1 Small, grated|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), grated|
|Regular salt||To Taste|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste (Advieh, to taste)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (to taste)|
|Lemon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg17.8%
Sodium 149.2 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g35%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 112.5%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and drain the rice.
2. Microwave the cabbage for 2 ½ Minutes and peel of its layers.
3. Peel the eggplants and Mexican squash skin.
4. Cut the top of the eggplants, Mexican squash, bell pepper and tomato and scoop out the seed (Retain the top). They should look like cups.
5. In a bowl, mix tomato paste, ground chilli pepper, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil with a cup of boiling water and mix until well blended. Set aside.
6. In a big bowl mix up the herbs and the grated onions and garlic.
7. Add the rice and the ground beef to the mixture.
8. Season with salt, ground chilli pepper, turmeric, Persian spice mix (Advieh), black pepper powder to taste.
9. Add 2 teaspoon dried lemon powder to the bowl and mix them thoroughly.
10. Put 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to the mixture and mix well.
11. Take one (or more) cabbage leaf and cover the bottom of a pan, it will keep the meat wraps (dolmehs) from direct heat.
12. Fill the bell pepper, with the beef mixture and cover it with its top and put it in the centre of the pot.
13. Take the cabbage leaves one by one, put approximately one tablespoon of the mixture on the each leaf and wrap it around the mixture tightly.
14. Arrange them around the bell pepper in the pan.
15. Fill the tomato with the beef mixture and cover it with its top and put it on the cabbage wrap.
16. Repeat the process for the eggplants and Mexican squash. Cover with their tops.
17. Arrange dolmehs close against each other in the pan to secure them.
18. Pour the tomato paste mixture all over the vegetables and put the dried prunes over them.
19. Cover the pot with the lid and cook the dolmehs over low heat for about 150 minutes.
20. In a serving platter, serve the dolmeh as appetizer with dip of choice. It can also be served as a side dish.