- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Doi Maach Recipe
|Rohu fish steak||8 , cut in steak size|
|Mustard oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Sour curd||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chilli||3 , slit lengthwise|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped (for garnish)|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.7 mg45.2%
Sodium 225.3 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 37 g74%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the fish steaks properly and pat dry with paper towel.
2) Place the fish steaks on a plate and nicely season with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder on both sides.
3) In a small bowl, add the sour curd and other spices, leaving green chilies and coriander leaves. Beat the ingredients thoroughly to prepare a spicy curd mixture. Place it aside.
4) In a non-stick skillet, add the Mustard oil and allow to heat on high.
5) When the oil is quite hot, add the fish steaks to fry medium on both sides.
6) Drain the fish steaks and transfer on a plate.
7) Reduce the heat to medium and in the same oil, carefully add the spiced curd.
8) Cook this on medium heat for at least 5-10 minutes, until the spices are properly mixed up and oil is separated from the spice.
9) Carefully place the fish steaks on the gravy.
10) Add ½ cup of warm water to the skillet and season with salt and sugar.
11) Add the slit green chilies and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the gravy has preferred consistency.
12) Transfer the fish and gravy on a large bowl.
13) Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top. Cover the bowl with a lid.
14) Place the bowl aside for at least 10-15 minutes before you serve.
15) Serve Doi Machh with steaming rice.