- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Divas Can Cook Bourbon Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||2 , cubed|
|For the sauce|
|Crushed ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Bourbon whiskey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vineger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornstarch slurry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg
Sodium 1137.9 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSaute pan
1. Cut the chicken breast into cubes, set aside.
2. In a pan, sauté the chicken in the heated oil for a few minutes until the chicken changes the color.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, over a medium heat, add ginger and garlic and all the sauce ingredients in order except the cornstarch.
5. Bring to a boil and stir in the chicken; simmer, covered over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
6. Dissolve the cornstarch in little water, mix well.
7. Remove the lid and stir in a cornstarch mixture; simmer until the sauce is slightly thick.
8. Serve with steamed rice.