- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dinner in Minutes- My Favorite Meal Ever - Guilt-free Fish Tacos Recipe Video
|Corn tortillas||8 Medium (Organic)|
|Fish fillets||1 Pound (Go to Whole Foods and ask what they have that is organic... best kinds of fish include flounder, sole and tilapia)|
|Red cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Red onion||1 Small, minced|
|Jalapeno||1 Small, thinly sliced (or less if you like less spice)|
|Limes||2 Small, juice extracted|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 693.3 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.2%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 89%
Calcium 18% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the guacamole, mash avocados and mix in jalapeno pepper, red onion and the juice of one lime. Now, Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving. You should prepare this at least one hour before eating so that the flavors have an opportunity to blend.
2. Put the shredded cabbage in a container and add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of the second lime and salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish fillets and bake until done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Warm the tortillas.
5. Add one tablespoon of avocado mix to the tortilla. Layer a piece of fish and top off with the cabbage slaw.
6. Serve as a healthy and nutritious meal.