- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dilly Casserole Bread Recipe
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Fast rise yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), warmed to 105-115°|
|1% cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Onion flakes||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Dill seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1633 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216 mg
Sodium 2387.9 mg99.5%
Total Carbohydrates 293 g97.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.7%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 58 g116.6%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 34.1% Iron 103.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
2) In a bowl of 1/4 cup of warm water, add in the yeast. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes to soften.
3) In a large bowl, add cottage cheese, sugar, margarine, onion flakes, dil seeds, salt, baking soda and 1 beaten egg. Mix together.
4) Add in yeast at the end. Knead the mixture into a soft dough.
5) Cover the dough and let it rest for about 50 minutes.
6) Beat the dough with bare hands to bring it down.
7) Transfer the dough into the casserole, cover and set aside for about 40 minutes in a warm place.
8) Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes until the bread turns slightly golden brown.
9) Serve the Dilly Casserole Bread slices with a little butter or whipped cream on top.