- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dilled Veal With Cauliflower Recipe
|Lean veal||2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.8 mg54.3%
Sodium 464.1 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 50 g100.7%
Vitamin A 195.1% Vitamin C 204.7%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, boil water and cook the cauliflower until very tender.
3) Drain the cauliflower and mash.
4) Place the veal in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
5) In a heated non-stick pan, sautÃ© the veal until browned.
6) Place the veal in a casserole and add garlic, onion, half of dill, nutmeg and bouillon.
7) Put the lid on the casserole and bake for 1 hour.
8) Stir in the leeks and carrots in the veal mixture.
9) If the mixture is too dry, add more water or stock as required.
10) Cover the casserole and put it back in the oven and bake until meat and vegetable are tender.
11) Remove the casserole and stir in the buttermilk.
12) Cover and place the casserole back in oven for 3 minutes.
13) Spoon the hot mashed cauliflower on the serving plate.
14) Serve the vegetables, meat and gravy over the cauliflower.
15) Garnish with the remaining dill leaves.