- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dill Tuna Pie Recipe
|Frozen chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned peas||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Refrigerated biscuits||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.3 mg
Sodium 1048.6 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain and flake tuna removing skin and bones. Keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F
3. In a medium or 1 ½ quart saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
4. Add onion and celery and sauté lightly for 5 minutes just until softened.
5. Stir in flour, dill weed, salt and pepper and sauté until well blended into butter and mixture begins to froth
6. Gradually stir the milk into the butter-flour mixture to make a smooth sauce.
7. Simmer, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes until sauce thickens and come to a boil.
8. Stir in the flakes tuna and peas and let the sauce come to a boil again, stirring often to prevent it from sticking to pan and forming lumps.
9. Turn the tuna mixture into a 1 ½ quart or 6-cup casserole or oven-to-table dish.
10. Top with a layer of biscuits.
11. Place dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until biscuits turn light brown and sauce below is bubbly at the edges.
12. Take the dish from the oven straight to the table and serve right away.